Tuesday, October 5, 2010

6 Months Old

Playing in the hamper with daddy


Doctor's appointment


After his shots:(

I seriously can't believe that Mason is 6 months old already. Time has really gone by fast. He is getting so big, so active and so fun. I can't believe how fast he learns new things. I'm just waiting for him to stand up and start running...

He is so close to crawling. He gets up on his hands and knees but just can't quite figure out how to get everything to move together. He can however scoot/rambo crawl and can get himself almost anywhere in the house that he wants to go. It's so crazy how fast he can move. This morning he was in the family room while I was making him a bottle and before I got back he had gone down the hall and was watching Aunt Aimee get ready in the bathroom. He has also learned to sit up, although he is a little wobbly he enjoys checking out his world from a different position.

He is 28 inches long (95%) and almost 18 pounds (50%)- so I think he's going to be tall and thin like his daddy. He is loving eating baby foods, but he doesn't like the texture of anything solid that we have tried to give him. He LOVES ice cream!!! I know we shouldn't be giving him any, but I figured a little taste here and there won't hurt him. He gets so excited when he gets a taste, his whole body shakes and he makes the cutest little noises letting me know that he wants more.

He is finally sleeping better at nights. For about 3 months he was waking up almost every hour, but he is now just waking up 1-2 times per night. YEA!! I'm finally feeling like a human being again and not a walking zombie...

He has the cutest little smile and laugh. He absolutely loves Brandon! His whole face lights up when he comes home from work. I sometimes feel bad that I don't get the same reaction from him when I come into the room, but then I realize that he see's my face all day long and it's not really that exciting. Brandon is so cute and silly with him and can get him to laugh all the time. I'm so grateful that he has such a good daddy! We love him so much. I can't imagine our lives without him now.

2 comments:

  1. He is such a cutie! Yay about getting more sleep! That always makes a person feel better!
    I bet you are having so much fun with him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the good old doctors appointments - love those shots huh? Mason is getting so big and growing up way too fast. Bet you never thought time would pass by so quickly. He is so cute, love the fun facts about him. And I am so happy that you are getting a bit more sleep!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete