Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mason Richard Brown

Born Wednesday March 17th, 6 lbs. 7 oz. 18.5 inches




Mason and his cousin Audri

He's finally here and it's more amazing than I could have ever thought. Mason Richard Brown decided to make his grand entrance a few weeks early and on St Patrick's Day, March 17th. He's named after my grandpa and Brandon's boss.
I woke up at about 2 am and just felt different, I walked around the house for 45 minutes with what I thought were contractions before my mom woke up and saw the light on. She timed the contractions and convinced me we better go to the hospital. I called a delivery nurse and she told me it wasn't labor and to just go take a bath, drink water and take a tylenol and it would go away- so I tried that and they got worse, so we drove to the hospital. We got there at 4:30 and they checked me and I was at a 4+ so they admitted us, at 7 they started the pitocin and the epidural came at 8:00 (I never did feel much pain before that but the nurse, who was Brandon's aunt Yvette and absolutely wonderful, convinced me to get it early)
My doctor was supposed to come at 8 or so and break my water but she got called into a c-section so she didn't come until about 10:15 I was dialated to a 5+, she thought I would have the baby around 3:00 which made me want to cry! 10 minutes later the nurse came in to check me and I was at a 10. They called the doctor back and we had to wait for her for to come for about 20 minutes. I think the nurse thought she was going to have to deliver him. Mason came after about 2 pushes and was born at 11:00. He weighed 6 pounds 7 ounces and was 18.5 inches long. He is absolutely beautiful and we are just having the best time with him. He is a very sweet and content little baby. He hardly ever cries and when he does it's a sweet soft cry. Brandon and I are so in love with him and just trying to enjoy every single minute. My mom is up staying with us and has been a lifesaver, she is teaching us how to do all the little things that are a bit scary for us.....

6 comments:

  1. He's such a cutie!! I'm very excited to meet him. You of course look amazing already, definitely not like you just had a baby! Call me when you have a minute or two to chat!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think they come much cuter than him!!! I might be byast, but it's true!!! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! I agree, you definitely don't look like you just had a baby! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is beautiful! I am so happy for you guys what a special day that was. He is so lucky to have such amazing parents. You are going to be the best mom ever. I can't wait to see him in person and love on him! They grow up so fast Torie so just soak in every second!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! I am so happy for you guys. I LOVE his name too! Great choice. He's so beautiful. He looks just like his Daddy. You look so good. No one would ever know that you'd just had a baby. Time goes by so quickly, so enjoy every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhh! He is so cute and tiny! You made labor sound like a breeze, maybe I will skip the C-Section and try a VBAC if that's how mine would be. 2 pushes? Seriously? I am so glad that he's here, I cannot wait to meet him. I want to know what month you guys are thinking about blessing him, maybe I can make a trip up there to attend. When you guys get that figured out let me know.

    Love you all, you have a darling family!!!

    ReplyDelete