Sunday, March 28, 2010

Mason's first week

Trying to wake him up to eat, he is so sleepy!

After his first doctor's appt. look how long his feet are


Irelyn, grandma and Madi

Mason getting his grandma to sleep


Mason with his one of his namesakes Rick & wife Connie (Brandon's boss)

Madi & Hunter

He loves getting his hair washed


We have just been loving being parents. Mason is such a good baby, we just keep thinking that we can't really be this lucky and that he's going to start being fussy and difficult. We'll keep our fingers crossed.
We took him to his first doctor's appointment, he only weighed 5 pounds 6 ounces, so he lost a little over a pound. The doctor said not to worry too much, if he doesn't put some weight back on by this weeks appointment then we will worry. He was a little bit jaundiced so we just lay him in the sun and have to feed him every 2 hours to get things going through his system. Hopefully this will help him with gaining weight too. I feel awful waking him up so often to eat, he looks at me and I'm sure he's thinking "mom, leave me alone and let me sleep!"
My mom is leaving us today, which makes me really nervous. I hope that I will be able to be a good mom to him without having her here every second for help and advice. She keeps re-assuring me that everything will be fine. Luckily he has taken to nursing extremely well and that was my biggest concern. So hopefully this week I will start to feel better and we will be good.
Brandon has been the best little daddy! He has been such a great help to me this week, I feel like he and my mom have been my personal slaves and I appreciate all their help! Brandon is so sweet and concerned about all the little things, noises and cries that come from Mason. He was very freaked out about the umbilical cord and we were all relieved when that fell off on Thursday.
He is 11 days old today and when we layed him in the sun this morning in the sitting room we heard him crying so we went in to check on him and he had rolled from his side onto his stomach, I can't believe as tiny as he is that he is so strong already.
We are incredibly in love with him and just trying to soak in all the fun things that happen everyday!!!

2 comments:

  1. he is so ADORABLE! I am glad all went well, and you are going to be a wonderful mom! just trust your instincts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You probably think I am a loser and you are right. I did get your voicemail and had every intention of calling you back and chatting but I got distracted with packing for California and one thing after another and then we left and it's been nonstop ever since. Not an excuse but it's my reason. I am sorry for not calling you back yet. I did talk to Aimee and she is giving the clothes back to Kami so thanks for sending them even though I won't need them all.

    Ok, so let's talk about your freaking adorable child. Mason is sooooo stinking tiny. I can't even believe that he is already a month old. Wow. I am sure you are surviving without your mom, you have your mother's intuition to trust and guide you. Everything is going fine, I am sure.

    Great pictures and update. For those of us who live far away, it helps us feel like we are still part of your world when we get to read and see your posts.

    Love you!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete