Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mason's 1 month birthday party








I decided that we needed to have a little cupcake for Mason's 1 month old birthday. Brandon and Aimee thought I was crazy and wouldn't participate and sing with me, so I just made them take the pictures of us. I threatened Brandon that we would do it every month to celebrate that he's a month older, but I don't think Mason was too impressed with it either so we'll wait until he actually turns one. Oh well, at least I had fun doing it!

Things are going much better with Mason gaining weight and being healthy. At his 6 week appointment he weighed 8 pounds 9 ounces, so that was a pound and a half gain in two weeks. We were thrilled and the doctor couldn't believe he gained that much. So now we don't have to take him to the doctor every week and can go with the normal schedule of his 2 month check-up where the immunization shots start. (can't wait for that torture)

The pictures of Mason in the socks crack me up. Brandon and I were folding laundry and so we layed him on the bed, Brandon started piling the socks on top of him and Mason really seemed to enjoy it and so I had to run grab the camera.

I have had to go back to work this week for just one week, which is a bit crazy if you ask me. I spent all day Monday just getting my computer and all the systems I need set back up and my passwords all figured out. It's all for insurance purposes, so I would much rather work for 5 days then have to pay everything out of pocket from having Mason. Luckily Aimee is here and my mom was able to come up on Monday to help babysit while I'm gone. That has made it much easier to leave him knowing he is being well taken care of by people that love him almost as much as I do.
I keep thinking that I don't know what we did with our lives and time before we had Mason, our whole world revolves around him now and we are just enjoying having him in our home!

3 comments:

  1. I would have totally joined in on the Birthday song for little Mason!! :) I seriously can't wait to see him this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Torie, he is SO cute! I love the picture of him in the socks. Going back to work for insurance purposes is so annoying. I'm happy that you're going to be able to stay at home with him. You'll love it. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are so cute, Torie! I like the sock picture, too!

    ReplyDelete