Sunday, June 6, 2010

Random things





Playing at the park with Max and Graci


Bath time with cousin Audri

Aunt Ashlee giving Mason his first hair cut


We have had a pretty busy time the last few weeks. Mason and I were able to go down to my mom's house for Memorial Day. It was our first time away from Brandon, which was really hard. It made me realize how much he does for us and what a great daddy he is to Mason. We did have a great time and we were able to spend a lot of time with my little neices and nephew Max. They were all staying at my mom's that weekend and so Aimee and I mainly went down to help take care of them. We had between 18 and 23 people staying at my mom's house on Saturday and Sunday night which made it a little crazy, but we always have a great time together.

Aimee and I were getting ready to go home Monday morning and Max and Graci decided they wanted to come home with us. Since we were blessing Mason on Sunday and Dusty and Mandie were going to be coming up on Thursday we decided it would be fun to have them, so they stayed with us all last week. It was fun to have them and gave me a good idea of what it would be like to have more kids.

We took Mason to his 2 month check up on Tuesday. He weighs 12 pounds 13 ounces and is 25 inches long. He is above average in both categories. He gained 4 pounds in a month, but Dr Fennell thinks the majority of it is from him growing length-wise. He had to get his first set of immunization shots, which were torture for his mommy. He screamed like I've never heard him do before and I got pretty teary-eyed! He was pretty fussy that night and a little the next day, but it didn't take long to get back to his normal sweet self. We love him so much and are so grateful that he is growing and that he is healthy and strong. He is still such a great baby and is giving his mom a break and has started to sleep between 7 & 8 hours at night. YEA!!!!

2 comments:

  1. You are definately a lucky mommy!!! My kids don't even sleep 7-8 hours a night :) You sure have a cute baby and I'm so glad we live close enough to you so we can spend time with you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just love him.. He is so dang cute!! Thank you for taking care of my kids!! They had a blast- we will return the favor when you can leave Mason and not cry everyday... (i only cried like 2 of the 4 days) :) We love you guys! Oh and way to rub in the 7-8 hours of sleep at night... Audri still wakes up!!! (only for me..not for her dad!)

    ReplyDelete