Sunday, July 11, 2010

4th of July

Maya, Jake and Mason


At the parade

Maya riding in the parade

Jake riding a sheep in the rodeo

Mason and I were still in Panguitch for the 4th of July- without Brandon. Brandon and I have not spent a 4th of July together since we met, maybe next year! We started off the day at the parade, then we had some lunch and just hung out that afternoon. My mom ended up getting the flu and was really sick, so we didn't go to the normal activities. That night we went to the little kid's rodeo to watch Jake, Cody, Kenli and Dawson ride a sheep. What a funny thing it is to watch them ride those. They all did a great job, but Dawson took home the grand prize. His dad, who is my cousin Bucky told him that he was not to let go of the sheep until he heard the buzzer. He was a great listener, even though he got rolled over and trampled on by the sheep, he still hung on and ended up winning. That night we watched the fireworks from my mom's house to finish off the day.

Sunday morning I had to bring Cristy back to Salt Lake to catch her flight home. I had such a good time spending the week with her. We hate having them live out in Boston, but are glad that we get to see them every once in a while. That night Brandon and I were invited over to our friend's George and Holly's house for their neighborhood fireworks party that they host every year. We had a wonderful time and Mason slept through the fireworks- both nights, so that was nice not having to worry about them scaring him or being too loud.

No comments:

Post a Comment