Thursday, August 5, 2010

4 Months Old

I love the look on his face....


Silly daddy putting his pants on his head

Eating his sweet potatoes


I can't believe Mason is 4 1/2 months already. Time is really flying by fast and I am just trying to take in everyday and love every minute of it.
Mason is such a fun little baby. He is starting to show us his personality. He has the sweetest smile and giggle, even though we really have to work to get him to giggle- it melts my heart everytime!
He weighs 16 pounds and is 26 inches long. He's in the 70% for weight and 75% for heigth. We got the go ahead from his doctor on Tuesday to start cereal and baby foods. The first feeding didn't go very good. I thought he was swallowing the food and I was so impressed that he caught on so quickly, then all of the sudden he started spitting and I'm pretty sure he hadn't swallowed one bite, he was just storing it all in his cheeks. Luckily the afternoon feeding went better and he LOVES sweet potatoes. It's so fun to watch him figure out all these new things.

He is rolling over from his back to his belly, but then can't figure out how to get flipped back over. So somedays I feel like all I do is flip him over to his back so he will stop freaking out. I'm hoping he will get the hang of it soon!

He is not sleeping as good as he was. I'm sure I jinxed myself by bragging about having a 2 month old that slept through the night. Now I'm lucky if he only wakes up 3 or 4 times during the night. I am starting to get really tired and hope that he will get back to a good schedule very soon. He has also started teething (yuck) and I'm hoping that this is part of his bad sleeping habits. I feel so bad for him, he gums everything he can get his hands on, his little nose runs and he is a little bit cranky. I thought he was too young to start getting teeth, but the doctor said it can start at 3 months. Hopefully the tooth will break through, or go back down and leave him alone for a little while.

Brandon and I love him so much and feel so lucky to have him. Brandon is the best daddy, he is silly and funny and does anything he can to get a smile out of Mason. He makes up songs for him and loves being able to spend time with him. I am so grateful to have such a good husband!

2 comments:

  1. Oh man - sorry to hear about the sleeping habits. I am sure that is frustrating to go from sleeping through the night to getting up several times. When Stella started teething we experienced the same thing. The day those 2 little suckers popped through made all those sleepless nights worth it. We survived wth teething tablets and infant Tylenol. Obviously check with your Doctor before giving him anything but that helped at our house.

    He is getting so big - I will have to post that picture from lunch on my blog and you can steal it if you want.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe Mason is 4 1/2 months old either! Wow how time flies! He is sure a handsome little guy!
    Teething is no fun, but don't worry! You will survive it. And soon he will have a teethy smile that will melt your heart!
    Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete